“Dirty Rotten Scoundrels” is a musical comedy that premiered on Broadway in 2005, based on the 1988 film of the same name. The story revolves around two con artists, Lawrence Jameson and Freddy Benson, who operate on the French Riviera. Lawrence is an experienced and sophisticated swindler, while Freddy is a small-time hustler with a less refined approach.
The plot takes an interesting turn when the two con men decide to work together on a bet to see who can successfully deceive a wealthy heiress, Christine Colgate, first. The musical is filled with clever schemes, hilarious moments, and unexpected twists as the characters navigate the world of deception and double-crossing.
As the competition between Lawrence and Freddy heats up, the audience is taken on a journey of laughter, romance, and surprise. The musical features a lively and catchy score, combining elements of comedy, romance, and musical theater to create an entertaining and engaging experience for the audience.
- Lawrence Jameson:
- Description: Lawrence is a suave and sophisticated con artist. He is the seasoned professional among the duo, with a knack for high-stakes cons. Lawrence is charming, well-dressed, and often poses as a wealthy prince or a person of high social standing to execute his scams.
- Freddy Benson:
- Description: Freddy is a less refined con artist compared to Lawrence. He is more of a small-time hustler with a streetwise charm. Freddy is impulsive, quick-witted, and uses a more direct and humorous approach in his cons. Despite his lack of sophistication, he is resourceful and brings a different dynamic to the partnership.
- Christine Colgate:
- Description: Christine is the target of Lawrence and Freddy’s con. She is a seemingly naive and wealthy heiress with a penchant for charitable causes. Her innocence becomes a focal point of the bet between Lawrence and Freddy. As the story unfolds, Christine reveals unexpected qualities that add complexity to her character.
- Andre Thibault:
- Description: Andre is Lawrence’s loyal and sophisticated accomplice. He often plays various supporting roles in Lawrence’s cons and provides comic relief with his deadpan humor. Andre is efficient and maintains a sense of order in the world of deceit created by Lawrence.
- Muriel Eubanks:
- Description: Muriel is a glamorous and wealthy woman who becomes involved in Lawrence and Freddy’s schemes. Her character adds another layer to the intricate web of cons and brings a touch of romance to the storyline.
- Jolene Oakes:
- Description: Jolene is a wealthy American socialite who appears in the musical. She is drawn into the schemes orchestrated by Lawrence and Freddy. Jolene’s character provides humor and a different perspective on the world of deception.
- Ensemble Characters:
- The musical will also feature a variety of ensemble characters, including residents of the French Riviera, tourists, and other individuals who become unwitting participants in the cons orchestrated by Lawrence and Freddy.
We expect to have auditions sometime in July. Watch Facebook and the newsletter for more details or check back here!
Check back in July 2024.